Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Clean Getaway Travel

Clean Getaway Travel « Holistic Lifestyles Radio

Clean Getaway Travel

by Holistic Lifestyles Radio on Sep.16, 2010, under Home

Clean Getaway Travel

My name is Loretta, and I love to travel. Meeting people, visiting exotic places, exploring cultural treasures, sampling different culinary delights, and helping others, these are my passions.

How do I do this without drugs and alcohol? When I was young, I worked my way around the country, traveling to 49 states. What a great experience. And then, living in Key West, a beautiful Tropical Paradise, my traveling seemed to take a backseat to the big party. At some point the “Big Party” wasn’t that much of a party. I would often fantasize about visiting somewhere fabulous, and all my dreams stayed just that, dreams. How could I go anywhere? All of my time was spent chasing the elusive highs of the party lifestyle.

Almost 7 years ago, I woke up. Enough was enough. I had watched my passions fizzle out one by one, and I made some changes, maybe you can relate. Anyway, I did the work, and life got good! Today, I am no longer traveling in a self imposed prison of drugs and alcohol. FREEDOM, Baby, YEAH!

I started around the globe, so what if I want some SOBER traveling companions? I checked into it, and while there were several interesting companies offering alcohol free vacations, none had exactly what I was looking for. Clean Getaway Travel was born…Amazing Sober vacations, with opportunities to help others and enjoy the experience of being in a group of like minded people as we travel the world. One of the highlights of such a trip is the opportunity to attend a meeting in a foreign country, I highly recommend it. My first time in Paris, I went to an English Speaking meeting, and right when I walked in, I knew I was in the right place. Imagine hearing your share translated into French, even complaining sounds pretty! Of course, I had nothing to complain about, after all, I was in Paris. There were people from all different countries there, all with the same thing in common. And the post meeting meeting was at a little Cafe, where 13 of us went for dinner, and shared our experience, strength and hope, over a cafe au lait and some unbelievable food. This is what I love so much, our similarities, and exploring the world through clean and sober eyes, I hope you do to! Please feel free to share your sober travel experiences here, challenges and triumphs! I am filled with gratitude today…

No comments:

Post a Comment